The majority of abused and neglected children do not have a CASA volunteer by their side. You can help change that.
2014 Statistics for Hall-Dawson CASA Program
- Children Served: Hall-Dawson CASA Program advocated for the troubled lives of 511 children.
- Gender: Of the 511 children, 262 were females and 249 males
- Age range: 240 children were under the age of 5; 126 children between ages 6-11 and 145 between the ages of 12-18.
- Race: 45 children were African American, 389 Caucasian, 64 Hispanic, and 13 multi-racial.
- Types of Deprivation (Abuse and Neglect of Children):
- Neglect: (lack of basic needs, supervision, medical, and educational neglect) 95%
- Physical Abuse 10%
- Sexual Abuse: 7%
- Abandonment: 3%
- Domestic Violence: 9%
- Other: 1%
- Substance Abuse by Parents: 70%
- 168 children reached permanency in 2014 (reunited with family or by adoption)
- In 2014, over 100 CASA Volunteers contributed 18,243 hours and drove 101,187 miles to advocate for these innocent victims.